16/07/2017 – Church Life Update.
Romans 12:4-5 (NIV)
4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
Alpha came to an end on the 9th, it was a chit chat and certificate receiving session. I missed the away day and the next session of alpha. I was not comfortable with sitting in someone’s house for 6 hours when I’m not that familiar with the people and am new to the church. (I may write about my past concerns about going to church.) So that’s why I missed that day, I then didn’t attend the next day because I couldn’t make it to church. But all in all my alpha experience was actually quite enjoyable, I made some new acquaintances and it helped to make me feel more at home in the church.
I would recommend alpha to anyone who feels as though they are being moved by the holy spirit to do it regardless of how new or not new you are to Christianity. You could be there for the sole purpose of God wanting you to preach to people, make new friends, see that you aren’t going wrong in your walk with Christ. If God wants you there go.
After the Alpha course most people continue on with a different course that’s all about going deeper. But I decided not to do it because it would be 8 more weeks of not being in church. And I have missed being in church, I’ve missed praise and worship and being in that atmosphere. If the course was on a different day I probably wouldn’t be as committed to going, but because it’s on a Sunday during church I would rather spend it in church for now and then maybe do the course later on in the year or at whatever time God leads me to it.
What Alpha Has Taught Me:
- Read the Bible for yourself.
- Do your best to interact with people in life.
- Always open yourself up to God’s word and direction.
- Go to God first before going to anyone or anything else.
- Treat any and all opportunities as a chance to learn something new.
- Verify or disprove (for yourself.) what people say about what’s in the Bible.
- Church life is a lot easier when you feel welcome and a part of the community.
- Don’t just attend church, be a part of the church. Contribute in anyway you can.